Share your story. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message Field & Game Australia on Facebook.
Glenn Falla cooking up a storm.- a wild rabbit kofta
Crumbed golden perch fillets of fish burger
Paul Sharp - lobster and abalone pizza
A Paul Brown contribution - Venison stew with red wine, salt bush and root vegetables.
Based on the recipe in The Meateater Fish and Game Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for Every Hunter and Angler by Steven Rinella.
Oldman saltbush is an excellent Australian native herb to add to stews and goes well with red meat like venison.
Paul slow cooked this for 8-hours adding par-cooked potatoes after 6. Melt-in-the-mouth tender.
Hugh Hanson's port, pear & pigeon.
Magpie goose pasta.
Fishing for ideas? Check out Paul Sharp's seafood haul.
Hugh Hanson has the rundown on pickling.
- 1.5-1.8L of cider vinegar
- A bit of salt
- A whole head of garlic peeled and rough cut
- two red onions
- two fatalii chillies
- a small heap of dried birds eyes.
1. Let the squid sit in water with bicarbonate soda overnight and then dry fry grill on barbecue.
2. Allow to cool off and then slice into edible bits put into jars and pour pickle liquid over top. Add oregano leaf and bay leaf to pickle liquid.
3. Then when all is in the jars let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 3 days before eating. It's best after a week if you can let it age that long.
Check out Paul Sharp's smoked mullet fillets.
Check out Glenn Falla's magpie goose dumplings.